Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
CS4HS @RIT -2011
Monday, June 27, 2011 at 8:00 AM - Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
The second CS4HS@RIT event will be hosted at Rochester Institute of Technology from June 27th- June 29th, 2011.
(We have listened to your feedback from last year and have more hands-on sessions)
Are you a high school teacher looking for fun and creative ways to engage students towards computing? Do you want to keep abreast of developments and opportunities in Computer Science? Do you want to keep up with and provide guidance to computer-savvy high school students? If so, CS4HS workshop is the right place for you. In this 3-day workshop, you will have the opportunity to
- Explore the real world computing applications
- Learn creative and interactive ways of teaching computing
- Catch sight of tools and resources that help in building new course modules
- Understand the fine threads linking mathematical and computational thinking
- Ideas to broaden the participation of students in computing
- Engage in discussions with your professionals/scientists/ peers/colleagues during panel discussions
The CS4HS workshop is free. The CS4HS workshop will run in parallel with the SMI Teachers’ Workshop. Teachers who register for either workshop may attend sessions from both. (We ask, however, that you register for the workshop in which you’re primarily interested.) Participants in the two workshops will dine together and take coffee breaks together.
For more information about the event, visit http://cs4hs.ce.rit.edu